Workers Rights are Human Rights!

Solidarity March with Air Terminal Services Workers on Lock-Out

BeFunky Collage.jpg

Up to 200 workers were locked out of work since December 16 after ATS management deemed their attendance at a meeting was illegal strike action. Haus of Khameleon along with the NGO Coalition for Human Rights gathered in Nadi to show their support for workers rights and human rights, also to show our support for our HK member Raymond Ray Morell who is also an ATS employee on lock-out. ✊🏾✊🏾

There is a history of mistreatment at the company, which is 51 percent owned by the government, (the remaining 49 percent is held by an employees trust). Worker concerns include an 11 year pay freeze, allegations of sexual harassment and claims there have been attempts to selling their shares. Air Terminal Services was established in September 1981 after formally taking over from Qantas. The shareholding arrangement has been in place ever since.

 With HK member Raymond Morell an employee of ATS on lockout. 

With HK member Raymond Morell an employee of ATS on lockout. 

 Around 200 police officers were called in to monitor the demonstration.

Around 200 police officers were called in to monitor the demonstration.

shot-20180223-6385-cc4t4w.jpg
Sulique Waqa